Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day Five

Woke up a little before nine again, ate some breakfast, took care of the dog. Wasted time reading blogs again. Heh.

Added Lust in the Night to Amazon, waited for it to appear so I could update the other books in the series with links and correct that embarrassing spelling mistake where the spelling of one of the main character's last names changed. I mean, okay, there's a lot of embarrassing spelling mistakes, but that one really bothered me.

Finally got to writing in the afternoon, managed 388 words before I wandered off to read. The roommates wanted to watch T.V. so I retreated to my office to read some more. Somehow ended up playing with making mock ups of covers. I love making covers far too much for my own good. I got a mock-up done for Apollo. I have mixed feelings about it. I think it conveys the genre right, but it looks very self-published. Still, it's eye-catching, so it'll work, right?

I also played around with the idea of what short story series I want to write once I'm done with To Lust a Stranger. I'll be doing bigger projects too, but I like writing short stories as I go. Gives me a break from the monster novels.

I have to admit I've failed pretty bad at writing erotica and don't think I'll bother with it again anytime soon. I'm debating which genre I want to fail at next, thriller or horror? Have some ideas for both. Guess I'll see what pulls on me hardest when it's time to actually write something else. I'm kinda jumping the gun by thinking of the next project at all. Have a lot to finish up first.

I know I should do more writing tonight, but I'm pretty tired. Thinking about just turning in and reading until I fall asleep. I don't know. I'll update if I do end up writing anything.

UPDATE: Wrote some more. YAY! Discovered kboards. It is full of distracting, hilarious things and I don't know how I'll ever find time to write again. Will have to turn off internet tomorrow to get writing done before work.

Fiction words today: 638
Running Total: 5,326

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.