Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day Four: Marathon

10:26 a.m.
Decided to start the writing marathon at 9:30 a.m. so got up around 8:50 a.m. and started getting ready. Finished breakfast and sat down at my computer to write just in time. Spent about half an hour writing and got down 518 words. So far, so good! Took a break to take care of the dog and write the first marathon update. And that brings us to now.

1:35 p.m.
Went on a walk with the dog. It was cold, but sunny enough to make it bearable. Got back and ate some lunch, started laundry. Worked on writing a bit before getting distracted again. I'm really good at getting distracted. Altogether, managed 342 words in this writing chunk.

7:07 p.m.
It's just occurred to me that it would make far more sense to update with just the hour and not the exact minute. Hmm. Oh well.

Spent a lot of time doing nothing in particular. Wandered around the internet, read some blog posts, refreshed my kdp sales numbers five times. That sort of thing. Poked at writing a bit until I finally started in earnest again. Got 344 words done. If my self control holds out I'm going to try to stay up late and maybe do some sprints. I know I can write much faster than this, just having trouble getting motivated.

11:45 p.m.
And I'm done! Finished Lust in the Night, just under the wire! Whew!

Around nine I felt guilty enough about writing failure that I cleared off my desk, set up my actual desk chair, hooked up my usb keyboard (it's easier on my wrists than the laptop keyboard) and turned off the internet. Two hours later I put the finishing words on the short story. Now I have a few formatting things to clear up, then I'll put it up on amazon. Ugh, maybe sleep tonight, publishing tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, if I'm still functional I'll see about getting Fistful of Lust written. *nodnod* Just gotta get conscious first...

Fiction words today: 3,767
Running Total: 4,688

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.